Coordinator of Confirmation and Youth Ministry
Year 1 (8th through 11th grade)
Those planning to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are expected to be actively involved in the parish community the year prior to receiving the sacrament. Active involvement includes the following:
- Weekly attending Mass at your parish.
- Attending at least 13 Sunday night High School Youth Groups or 13 Wednesday night Youth Groups during the year of 2019-2020. (see Youth Ministry calendar)
- Volunteering for 2 parish events, with a signature from the host for 2019-2020.
- Attending at least 1 of the 3 retreats provided throughout the year of 2019-2020
Year 2 (9th through 12th grade)
The second-year students will be receiving the sacrament of Confirmation, after having completed one year of active involvement in the parish community, the following requirements need to be met (dates correspond to those on track to receive the sacrament Spring 2020 and are subject to change):
- Regular Mass attendance – Confirmation initiates us into full membership with the universal and local church, insisting on a personal commitment to attend Mass each Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation; a willingness to contribute to the Eucharistic celebration by praying, listening, and singing.
- Monthly meetings – following Mass, besides the month of May (sponsors and parents are always welcome and will be expected to attend periodically). Candidates will miss no more than 1 class.
- High School Youth Group at least 10 Sundays or activities in the year of 2019-2020. (see Youth Ministry calendar)
- Volunteer at 2 church activities in the year, with signature from the host in 2019-2020. Due by March 8th
- Complete assignments – at each monthly meeting Candidates may receive a short reading and/or discussion questions to go over.
- Choose a Confirmation Sponsor – a sponsor is someone who will support you in living the Christian life and will pray with and for you. Due October 6th
- Turn in copy of Baptismal certificate to Carolyn Rich at the ICC office or class by November 24th
- Choose a Confirmation name & write a brief ‘why I’m choosing this Saint’ reflection - One of the traditional practices in the Church at the time of Confirmation is taking on a saint’s name. Due December 15th
- Attend at least 2 of the 3 retreats – see schedule below; November, March, or May.
- Letter to Archbishop Sample- indicating desire to be confirmed – goal is to help Archbishop Sample know a little about you as he prepares to celebrate this awesome sacrament. Due March 8th
- Interview with Confirmation team – all Candidates will have a time to meet with a member of the Confirmation team at one of the retreats.