POSITION TITLE: Business Manager
Opening Date: 1/20/2021
Closing Date: When Filled
Location of Job: Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
Location Address: 1077 N 6th Ave, Stayton, OR 97383
Position: Full-time, Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Position Summary: Assists the Pastor in the prudent stewardship of the parish’s administrative needs in finance, building, grounds, strategic planning, resources and operations. Maintains a strict level of confidentiality and supervises all accounting procedures for the parish.
- Prepares the annual budget for review, revision and adoption by the Pastor and Finance Council.
- Administers a system using accepted accounting principles to accurately record and reflect all financial transactions of the parish in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and Archdiocesan payroll system (ADP) Workforce Now.
- Produces and prepares monthly and year-end reports reflecting the financial status of the parish for Pastor and Finance Council review.
- Manages income and expenditures.
- Administers employee benefits including insurance coverage, pension plan, and payroll functions.
- Serves as principal contact for business operations with local organizations, financial institutions, and the Archdiocese of Portland.
- Serves as a resource for pastoral staff and parish organizations.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of all financial files and records using a system (Quickbooks).
- Ensures financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Pays invoices in a timely manner.
- Generates payroll.
- Assists Pastor in hiring and selection of personnel, administers salary and benefit programs, and handles employee issues as directed by the Pastor.
- Understands Archdiocesan, state, and federal policies related to human resources, risk management and financial responsibilities.
- Administers contracts and other purchasing transactions to ensure goods and services are the highest value received. Ensures all purchasing transactions meet legal, ethical, and moral standards.
- Oversees maintenance church, parish center, cemetery, and rectory.
- Develops and implements property rental policies, procedures, and fees.
- Participates in problem-solving of personnel and/or volunteer situations.
- Attends staff meetings. Also attends Administrative Council meetings once a month in the evenings.
- Handles completion of any other duties, tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Pastor.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Practicing Catholic preferred. Individual must be able to demonstrate leadership and effective interpersonal communication skills. Ability to prioritize work assignments for self and others. Ideal candidate demonstrates flexibility to adjust to changes in schedules, routines, and job assignments.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field preferred OR a minimum of four years of business experience. A minimum of four years of experience in finance management. Experience in personnel management preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, sit, hear, and use repetitive motion of the hands/wrists. Lifts and moves items up to 15 pounds.
Please send resume and cover letter to Burmah Martin at [email protected] to apply.