Celebration of Public Masses during COVID-19
Adapted from the Archdiocesan "Protocols for Offering Masses and Providing Other Parish Ministry"
UPDATED NOVEMBER 6, 2020
Praised be Jesus Christ!
We are so thankful for the continued opportunity to re-gather as a faith community while working together to keep others safe within our parish community.
On November 1, the Archdiocese of Portland updated their protocols for parish ministry and the celebration of the Holy Eucharist during the ongoing health emergency.
To keep you informed and to collaborate to keep everyone safe, we want to remind you about important items that our parish must follow per diocesan and civil protocols.
- Mass attendance will be limited in accordance with government directives (100 people in Phase II).
- Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk. Vulnerable, at-risk, and otherwise concerned persons should remain home. A general dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation remains in place.
- Anyone who has the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain home.
- Restrictions and guidelines also pertain to all Masses, including funerals, and to the administration of all sacraments (baptisms, weddings, etc.)
- Wearing a face covering at church and on our parish campus is not optional. The faithful cannot be allowed entrance without a face covering. Our door monitors must strictly enforce this requirement.
- Face shields are no longer recommended as a substitute for face coverings because they permit the aerosols to move around the shield.
- You are still strongly encouraged to sign-up for Mass ahead of time by registering for our parish Flocknote system (www.immacstayton.flocknote.com). We will send you a reminder email/text two or three times throughout the week.
- We do allow "walk-ins" on Sunday morning, but please know that you may need to be turned away at the entrance if the number of those registered exceeds 100 people.
- Per Archdiocesan policy, a database of those who wish to attend Mass should be kept, which is why the parish is requesting the name and phone number of all those attending mass or parish events.
- Upon arrival to the parish, please sanitize your pew before using it.
Thank you so much for your continued patience, adaptability, cooperation, and kindness as we continue to be responsive to new information as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact Janell Dickey, the parish secretary, at 503-769-2656.